Thursday, February 24, 2011

Week 6, Day 4

WELL I have great news!!! My hubby fixed the septic tank issue! Praise the lord!! Hallelujah!! Yeehaaw!! Yippittyduda!! What else can I say?  haha!  Can you tell my day is much better and less stressful. = )

He decided to cut the lines himself since he knows a lot about plumbing and he does a lot with pool drains and such.  I am just thankful he knows what he is doing because without him, I was about to have to figure out how to come up with $2400 to pay for new septic lines and a new outer tee.  But he fixed it for $18 !!! Can we say wow!!  All he had to do was the dig more of our front yard up.  Luckily we have a roommate that is one of his best friends that was so helpful!  SO they dug up the yard all the way to the front of the house and cut the pipes to the septic tank.  They then found massive massive roots growing into the lines and a HUGE clog that looked like this gigantic birds nest with roots and paper, etc.  It was quiet disgusting actually.  Haha! He text me a picture at work.  He just wanted to show me what he had found.  He then bought more piping and put it back together and walaa!! Fixed!! Thank the lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I will be jumping up and down the rest of the day filled with relief.  =)

Work was boring as can possibly be, so that made a difference from yesterday's crazy stressful one and tomorrow is Friday woohoo!!  Looking forward to a nice weekend, suppose to be sorta warm here.

Today I ate:

Breakfast:  High Fiber/Low Carb tortilla with two eggs scrambled topped with crema and queso fresco with two pieces of uncured bacon.  Also my regular coffee with creamer and pure via

Lunch:  Big salad with lots of romaine, topped with sunflower seeds, cheddar cheese, chicken deli meat with fat free balsamic vinaigrette.  I also had a few triscuits to keep me fuller and vitamin zero water.

Dinner:  small chicken breast and one wing, cup of broccoli and 1/2 cup of green cabbage steamed

Snack:  Redi whip in a small bowl (about 1/2 cup) and I grated a tiny tiny bit of dark chocolate on top (since I still can't stand to eat a whole piece)  I just don't like the bitter taste. 


Fat(g)   Carbs(g)    Fiber(g)  Sugar(g)  Prot(g)  KCals
62.54 70.16 23.1 6.81 78.95 1078


While I was at work bored out of my mind, I was looking around at blogs and came across some useful links with low carb meal ideas.  We can't use all the recipes on here, or possibly we could adapt them to be BFC friendly, but just thought I would share.  I love finding different recipes.

http://genaw.com/lowcarb/

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/

http://www.sugarfreesheila.com/RecipesPage.html

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad your husband fixed your septic tank...It sure pays to have someone you know to be a fixer. You can go celebrate now with all the money you saved. You are doing so great on plan I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what husbands can fix when it comes to saving money>hehe. It might take them weeks to get around to it, but usually they can fix it fast when they put their minds to it. Great job saving all that money. Better get rid of that tree if it's on your property so the roots don't make it over to your other lines;) Some trees have that tendency more than others! Go to a health food store and buy Dr. Atkins Chocolate bar. It taste good, and w/in the BFC guidelines, and a reasonable priced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - What a great day HUH? My hubby used to do stuff like that - LOL, Used to...
    I am so glad that stress is off of you guys now. Your meals were great!
    I hope your weekend will be relaxing now.
    Have a good one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo Hoo!!!!awesome news!!! What a relief!!! I am so happy your hubby fixed things... $18 vs. $2400, wow, just wow...what craziness.

    Your food looks great, I love having salads they can be so filling and satisfying. My hubby and I had dark chocolate with 2 crushed up sugar free york peppermint patties on top, melted a little bit in the microwave for dessert with redi whip. Redi whip is my new favorite thing, it makes everything more decadent and delightful.
    I am just so happy for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoo Hoo!!!!awesome news!!! What a relief!!! I am so happy your hubby fixed things... $18 vs. $2400, wow, just wow...what craziness.

    Your food looks great, I love having salads they can be so filling and satisfying. My hubby and I had dark chocolate with 2 crushed up sugar free york peppermint patties on top, melted a little bit in the microwave for dessert with redi whip. Redi whip is my new favorite thing, it makes everything more decadent and delightful.
    I am just so happy for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone!! :) Katie that dessert sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete