Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Went to the gym 1st time in forever

Good morning fellow bloggers,

I just wanted to write a short post. 

I went to the gym last night and walked a little over a mile on the treadmill.  It was all I could do because I am just starting back.  It was hard to find the time but I know I need to start getting more active.  After work there was traffic, I had to go to the grocery store and that was crowded then putting everything away at home, and then to the gym.  I wasn't feeling hungry before so I ate when I got back but it was on a plate the size of a dessert dish because I was trying to limit my food at that time.  Does anyone work out?  Do you eat before or after the gym?  I actually prefer working out on an empty stomach unless its a walk around the neighborhood then I would eat and walk after dinner.  I know its good for digestion and stuff.  I have decided I would like to shoot for my long term goal of losing 100 lbs.  I ideally I would like to lose 10-15 lbs per month but I know it slows down after the first hurdle is passed.  Right now I am my all time high of 230 lbs. : (  My ideal weight should be between 118-150 so I would like to be somewhat in the middle at about 130 if possible.  When I was in my early 20's I was 125 so I should think its possible knowing I have a medium body frame.  I am always posting what I wish and my goals, but I always struggle with making them happen.  But its become severe enough that I can't have children until I lose weight so I should look at this as doing it for my future family right?  Its sorta depressing.  I wish someone could just be my personal chef and my personal trainer.  Wouldn't that be the easy way?  HHEHEHE!

Have a great day everyone!



2 comments:

  1. I'd love to have a personal trainer and chef too. Great job getting back to the gym - it is really important to get exercise! I need to get my schedule worked out now that school has started to get myself working out regularly. Today's 0 for two days so far. :(

    You need to forget about time frames, and set multiple goals. I started out with 6 goals, and I'm on the last and final goal now. Well, right now I am back at the second to last goal, but I'm not really counting the backslide....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I am missing, too. Exercise. Blah. So I've looked around and saw that you have done this BFC before and recently are giving it a go again. It's so easy to stray, even unintentionally, when you think you are doing what you should. (I ate something at a restaurant yesterday that I assumed was low-carb and didn't look at the nutritional info until after only to find it was LOADED with two days worth of sugar.) Wanted to just wish you well and give you a shout-out of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete