Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sharing a way to make something sweet !



MACADAMIA NUT CLUSTERS
 Makes 12

 3 ounces 85% dark chocolate (Approx. 1/2 of large size bar) 

1 teaspoon butter 

1 cup macadamia nuts 

Salt (optional)

Microwave chocolate and butter in medium size glass bowl for 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds (or use double boiler).

Add 1 cup of macadamia nuts to chocolate mixture and stir to cover. 

Drop mixture by rounded teaspoons onto tray covered with wax paper. Salt lightly if
desired. 

Refrigerate for 45 minutes and enjoy

I found this recipe online, and I believe its from the BFC book, the new one.  Thought I would share, I might try this because I can't stand just the plan dark chocolate, but this might help when I need a little something sweet to mix with the dark chocolate.



UPDATE!!!!!!!

I made these last night, and they were actually pretty good, next time I might try a different nut, because macadamia aren't my fav. I only like them in those white choc. cookies, which I know I can't have. Anyways, next time I might advise putting a little sugar (like truvia) in them when the chocolate is melting because they still are a bit bitter, but much better then just plain candy bar.

Here is a pic:


Oh and the nutrition values:

Total recipe (when doubled)

Carbs = 56 g
Sugars = 15 g

Individually (each cluster) since makes 24 clusters

Carbs = 2.3 g
Sugars = less then 1 g (0.62g)



No comments:

Post a Comment